Friday, June 26, 2009

New House!

So, we moved back in April, and I came across some nice pictures from the housewarming party that we had.  Thanks to everyone who came out!  We got rained on a bit, but it was a fun gathering anyway.  I was very pleased to use my paper lanterns, which are in a few pictures.  The house itself is very nice, but on the older side.  It was built in 1910, I believe.  We are renting it for the next two years, and then on to bigger things I hope!  I am enjoying the extra space that we enjoy here.  We have two bedrooms upstairs, and two in the basement.  It is an unfinished basement, so I use one for storage and one as a craft room.  It is a scrabooking, sewing, gift-wrapping explosion--and I love it!  Ricky has planted a vegetable garden, which is coming along nicely by now.  My Mom planted some flowers in the front planter, and they really brighten up the place.  It's good to have a little more space to stretch out in, and a yard for Angelina to play in.  We are happy to have the South Platte River trail within sight from our back door too.  That was a big selling point for me!  We go on family bike trips and I go on runs all the time.  Our house backs up to Overland golf course too, and we have fun practicing our "short game" on the practice green that is just down the ally from us.  It is a peaceful neighborhood, and a gorgeous house.  We are happy to be home!



No comments:

Post a Comment